When testing my certificate against intermediate and root certificate I received the following error: error 20 at 0 depth lookup:unable to get local issuer certificate. The issue is probably related to the chain of the certificate so we need to create reliable chain.
- My certificate needs to be merged with intermediate certificate into one file:
$ cat intermediate.pem cert.pem > combined.pem
- Then we can test it using openssl verify command:
$ openssl verify -CAfile rootcert.pem combined.pem
As some of the tasks requires root access you can connect to Storwize Unified directly. Before you attempt to connect make sure that the Service IPs are set for management nodes. By default root‘s password is set to passw0rd see this page for more access information.
SSH using following command:
ssh -p 1602 root@<service_module_IP>
By default root login is disabled in Ubuntu 12.04 and newer.
Follow the steps to enable the logon:
- Open a terminal window.
- Using your favorite editor open the file with privileged rights:
sudo vim /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
- Append the line at the end of the file
- Set root password
sudo passwd root
- Reboot the machine and you will be able to login as root.