Running Windows Server 2012 virtual machine on VMware ESXi hypervisor and receive constant disconnects through RDP.
Checked the logs and found out e1qexpress which indicates incompatibility of virtualNIC
Power down the machine, remove existing network interface and add a new one based on VMXNET3.
Bring the machine up and Windows should automatically apply the changes.
From time to time I receive the following error:
The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers available to provide a license. Please contact the server administrator.
The solution is as following and should be executed on the client side:
- Run regedit.exe
- Backup (Right click -> Export) the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing
- Remove the aforementioned branch with all its content.
- Reboot the machine. (You may try without this step)
- Launch “Remote Desktop Connection” as Administrator (will recreate the folder):
– mstsc /admin
– Right click on the shortcut and “Run as Administrator”