From time to time I receive the following error:
The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers available to provide a license. Please contact the server administrator.
The solution is as following and should be executed on the client side:
- Run regedit.exe
- Backup (Right click -> Export) the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing
- Remove the aforementioned branch with all its content.
- Reboot the machine. (You may try without this step)
- Launch “Remote Desktop Connection” as Administrator (will recreate the folder):
– mstsc /admin
– Right click on the shortcut and “Run as Administrator”