- To enable remote desktop open a terminal and enter the following:
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/remote_access/enabled true
- To disable the following option: “You must confirm each access to this machine” enter as follows:
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/remote_access/prompt_enabled false
The above is extremely helpful if you come across a bug when clicking on System menu the system hangs. More information can be found here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=730378
From time to time I receive the following error:
The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers available to provide a license. Please contact the server administrator.
The solution is as following and should be executed on the client side:
- Run regedit.exe
- Backup (Right click -> Export) the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing
- Remove the aforementioned branch with all its content.
- Reboot the machine. (You may try without this step)
- Launch “Remote Desktop Connection” as Administrator (will recreate the folder):
– mstsc /admin
– Right click on the shortcut and “Run as Administrator”
While cloning one of my templates received the following error: “
Incompatible device backing specified for device '12'.”
VMWare tools were updated to the newest version and machine was powering on no problem.
To resolve the issue make sure that CD-ROM properties are set correctly.
“Edit the settings” of the virtual machine:
1) Remove the CD-ROM assigned as the device is probably pointing to some non-existing location,
2) If the device is set to Host Device change it to Client Device,
3) You may also want to try to point the device to some local ISO file if you find it easier.